[Sca-cooks] al-Hafla feast menu

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 24 10:54:48 PST 2005

I didn't have anything to do with cooking this meal, but I did highly enjoy it. Master Rashid was phenomenal, did a period Persian feast.

Some of my favorite items:

ground, spiced lamb with sharp white cheese (may have been feta) and butternut squash, all baked into a sort of casserole. Phenomenal.

A crustless quiche-type thing. Also amazing.

Saffron rice with nuts, dates, and cherries. Wow.

And since we had two feet of fresh snow on the ground, Master Rashid brought out a bottle of rose syrup, spent some time making a concentrated lemon syrup, and brought out a huge bowl of snow. We had sherbets. Wow!

Gianotta