[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 20, Issue 112

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Tue Jan 25 13:02:58 PST 2005

Vitha wrote:

> Whooo Whhoooo!!!  My grannd plot to turn the known world German is
> working!!!  Yes, my dear, lovely....Just a little more spaetzle and you will
> feel MUCH better....

Yes, more spaetzle always makes you feel better, especially with the sauce
from the rouladen poured over them...

Two weeks ago, I made spaetzle for 60.  I made them the night before the
event, shocked them with ice water to stop the cooking, laid them out on
pans to dry somewhat, then tossed with a little oil to keep them from
sticking together.  They were transported to the event in a 5 gallon bucket
(about 2/3 to 3/4 full) and reheated in an electric roaster.  None of them
came back from the tables (she said modestly)...

 -Helena