[Sca-cooks] Cornbread story

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 13:51:06 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/28/2005 3:54:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:
We were of the rice and/or cornbread school (yellow, no sugar),
thereby giving rise to the great family anecdote wherein my mom baked
a pan of cornbread which hadn't browned in the oven to her
satisfaction before being declared legally "done". So, she put it,
very briefly, she thought, under the broiler, saying that this would
make it "attractive", only to remove it some time later with the pan
of cornbread actually in flames.
Reminds me of the time my Dad made supper and accidently made a pone of
cornbread using grits instead of corn meal.... seems he tried to cook without
wearing his glasses...

You could probably have made a bulletproof vest from the result... We left in
on the table for the evening, when my Mom got home she said she knew
something was wrong because only one slice had been taken.. That thing is probably
still in the landfill somewhere and it's been over thirty years.<G>

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke