[Sca-cooks] bats in Europe? as food?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 23:21:01 PST 2005

   William de Grandfort commented:
 > --- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
 >> These "airplanes" are pretty
 >> good at delivering fresh foods, as are their cousins "trucks," which
I'm
 >> given to understand travel on the ground as is proper for mortals,
 >> instead of in the sky, which is the province for birds and angels....
 >
 > And bats, too... don't forget bats.
Hmmm. bout all I remember bats delivering is guano. Good for saltpeter
and fertilizer but not much else. :-)

Bats are native to Europe as well as North America, right? Are there
any medieval recipes for bats or references to them being eaten?

Stefan
(who was well aware that fresh seafood is delivered to even Montana by
air. Was just kidding Maire. Austin is at least three hours from the
Gulf by truck. Once you get that distance, most fresh seafood probably
is flown in, and it probably doesn't make much difference how long the
flight is)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com