[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef America...redux!

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Jan 1 18:05:48 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Hey folks!
> I'm in the process of watching "The Making of Iron Chef America...the
> Series".  And it looks like it will be a goodie this time.  They
> actually appear to have hired people who know something about cookery
> this time...Alton Brown will be the commentator, the judges are people
> who actually know good food, like the food critic from Vogue magazine.
> They have built a totally new "Kitchen Stadium, and the inital battle
> will be on January 16 between Bobbie Flay (ugh!) and Hiroyuki Sakai.
> The other American Iron Chefs are Mario Battali and Wolfgang Puck.  The
> second battle will, I believe, be between Morimoto and, I think,
> Wolfgang Puck.  This one looks, IMHO, like a winner.  Oh...the
> "Chairman" is the nephew of the Japanese Iron Chef "Chairman".
>
> Kiri

I think what you're watching, Kiri, is a rerun of the mini-series, "Battle
of the Masters" where Food Network was trying to make a transition from Iron
Chef Japanese to Iron Chef America. The new series doesn't start until
January 16th.

Also, while I mostly enjoyed the Battle, I'm pretty well convinced that the
"winner" was pre-chosen to give the new series a boost- there's no way in
Hel that little twit Flay could out-cook Sakai. Look at the nasty 3 plop in
an iron skillet Flay presents as one of his dishes, and you'll know it was
fixed.

"Creativity" my tuchus.

Saint Phlip,
CoD