[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef America...redux!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 1 17:59:57 PST 2005

Hey folks!
I'm in the process of watching "The Making of Iron Chef America...the
Series".  And it looks like it will be a goodie this time.  They
actually appear to have hired people who know something about cookery
this time...Alton Brown will be the commentator, the judges are people
who actually know good food, like the food critic from Vogue magazine.
They have built a totally new "Kitchen Stadium, and the inital battle
will be on January 16 between Bobbie Flay (ugh!) and Hiroyuki Sakai.
The other American Iron Chefs are Mario Battali and Wolfgang Puck.  The
second battle will, I believe, be between Morimoto and, I think,
Wolfgang Puck.  This one looks, IMHO, like a winner.  Oh...the
"Chairman" is the nephew of the Japanese Iron Chef "Chairman".

Kiri