[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:28:54 PST 2005

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 12:07:25 -0500, Bill Fisher <liamfisher at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am heading out to his house today to see what he can remember and maybe
> see if he can get my Great Aunt to remember.  I don't remember it using whole
> peppers though (from when I was a kid).

Well, back from my Dad's.  He is going to check with my Great Aunt when he
heads down her way this coming week about the pickle recipe.

>From what he knows, it is the word the Germans/Amish used for bell peppers.
The usage has almost completely faded out though.

OTOH, I have had potato salad with bell peppers in it my entire life.  Dunno
when it became "ok."    I wasn't aware it had to be approved....

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson