[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef America...redux!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 1 19:15:15 PST 2005

> Also sprach Phlip:
>
>> Also, while I mostly enjoyed the Battle, I'm pretty well convinced
>> that the
>> "winner" was pre-chosen to give the new series a boost- there's no
>> way in
>> Hel that little twit Flay could out-cook Sakai. Look at the nasty 3
>> plop in
>> an iron skillet Flay presents as one of his dishes, and you'll know
>> it was
>> fixed.
>>
>> "Creativity" my tuchus.
>

> Bobby Flay not only was caught using a corked chef's knife last year,
> but is alleged to have used spices provided by a personal trainer with
> ties to Balco. He needs to be expelled from any future Iron Chef
> competitions to restore the clean image of the sport in the eyes of
> impressionable children and other cooks.
>
> Adamantius

I really do agree.  I was not aware of what you describe, but I have
always thought that there was more of the opportunist to him than
genuine chef/culinary artist.  I have hopes that, even though he is
participating here as an "Iron Chef", the show will still have some
veracity, with the presence of Puck and Battali, not to mention Alton Brown.

Kiri