[Sca-cooks] Re: Meat Loaf

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Jan 2 18:30:24 PST 2005

At 06:16 PM 1/2/2005, you wrote:

>    The ketchup war still rages after 20 years with my lady and I.
>    I like it, she doesn't. Oooh Lainie don,t be annoyed,Millions of
> people like it with the red stuff,you'll just get such a Headache!

Well, Edouard and I have this thing about the 'proper' dressing for turkey
(he likes to put New World grain into his New World bird. I think it's
ghastly ;-), so dinner controversy is no stranger. I just get upset when
people do seasoning things to food before they've tasted it. At least my
mom didn't let us salt or pepper things (except baked potatoes, which was
expected) until after you're tasted it. She thought it was rude. Of course
it also saved us in some circumstances- Aunt Elizabeth was notorious for
not tasting as she cooked- she would either forget the salt, or she'd
forget that she'd already put it in. Either way, tasting the food first was
a good idea. (This was a woman who salted her jello. Eeeyuw!)

'Lainie