[Sca-cooks] Sad News

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 18:21:21 PST 2005

(Apologies to the 99.5% of the list who do not live in the Southeast, and
who do not need the following information.)

I will respond to several things here:

<snip>

> Please pass along funeral information, I might just have to drive down to
> Tallahassee.
> Sadly,
> Christianna

For those who would like to know about the arrangements for services in
honor of Jed O'Connor (ska Master Jed Silverstar), here is what I have so
far:

Visitation--Friday, January 14, 6-8 p.m., Culley's Funeral Home, 1737
Riggins Rd., Tallahassee, FL.

Memorial Service--Saturday, January 15, 10:30 a.m., same location.

If there is anyone who would like to speak at the Memorial Service please
contact Ann Durham in advance.  She can be reached at adurham at mailer.fsu.edu
or 850-574-7627.

If anything different or new comes up, I will post.

>Does anyone know whether his songs might be available on tape or CD? I
>don't think I've heard him before, but I'm always interested in
>considering new (to me) SCA artists.

>Or, does anyone know if either of the Vivat Trimaris! tapes are
>available anywhere? Even better if on CD? My two have gotten overplayed
>and gotten crinkled and such. Yes, yes, I should have made copies and
>played those. But I didn't.

>Stefan

Jed recorded one record (yes, vinyl), which is no longer commercially
available, as far as I know.  I will be looking into this further once
things are a little more settled.

Vivat Trimaris! and Vivat Trimaris! II have both been released on CD just
recently.  They are selling for $10.00 each.  If you want them, let me know
and I will see what can be done (i.e., how much shipping will be, etc.)  It
is not totally beyond possibility that there could be some brought to Gulf
Wars if there is interest.

Mairi Ceilidh