[Sca-cooks] spice prices due to disaster (was black pepper wars)

Leah Adams mogbane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:24:22 PST 2005

   Nearly 155,000 dead in the affected areas. Millions homeless.
People missing their daughters, sons, husbands, wives, parents. The
lucky ones are the ones that will get to bury a body. They are saying
that it will take years to rebuild. It's a possibility that more will
die of disease than of the original tsunami and earthquake.
   On Dec. 31 I was thankful that I went to a goth club with tons of
posers that drove me to drink more than I have in 15 years.
   On that same day, I was thankful that I could worry about something
that darned trivial, and that it had the possibility to ruin my day.
   Today I was thankful that I could take a bath, followed by a
shower, and not worry about how many days worth of drinking water I
would have to go without.
   Today I am thankful that I have a job, that I hate.
   Today I am thankful that I have three stepkids, that get on my nerves.
   Today I am thankful that I have a living breathing husband, that I
fight like cats and dogs with.
   Today I am thankful that I have to worry about what I want to eat
tonight, not if I am going to eat tonight, or tomorrow, or this week.
   Today I am thankful that the cat peed on the rug.
   Today I am thankful that a driver drove too slow in front of me,
and another one cut me off in traffic.
   Today I am thankful that I had some of the most annoying,
oblivious, stupid and demanding customers as I have had in a long
time.
   Today I am thankful for every single little trivial piece of
bulls**t that got on my nerves and threatened to ruin my day.
   Tomorrow, I will be thankful that I will pay higher prices for my spices.
   I have a job, a home, food, clean water. All of my friends and
family are alive and well, and I know where they are.
   Today I am thankful for my life.

Leah/Samira