Tsunami-torn areas was Re: [Sca-cooks] black pepper wars

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 10:03:51 PST 2005

--- Melanie Wilson
<MelanieWilson at dragonflight.co.uk> wrote:

> >Unfortunately, as the sea level continues to
> rise in the next century
> due to global warming,
>
> The Maldives it is thought will vanish within
> 50 years. Bear in mind however
> that Global temprature changes are normal, The
> Bronze age and even much of
> the SCA period had a much warmer global climate
> than we see today.

I agree with you that global temps are
constantly changing.  The Medieval Warm Period
(11th Century thru 14th Century) was immediately
followed by the Little Ice Age (14th Century
thru 19th Century).  We are in another Warm
Period, but some scientists are seeing signs
for another Little Ice Age.  See:

http://www.whoi.edu/institutes/occi/currenttopics/ct_abruptclimate.htm

Huette

=====