[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef Scary Thought

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Jan 4 18:34:45 PST 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> At least with the new show, all the judges seem to be pretty knowledgeable
> "foodies."  Just imagine how bad it could have been if they had decided
they
> needed the celebrity angle and added someone like Jessica ("Am I eating
> chicken or tuna?") Simpson as a judge!
>
> John le Burguillun

Thing is, the "bimbo de jour" was part of the charm of the original show,
and they weren't always female- I seem to recall that the race car driver,
among others, was pretty dumb.

The thing about Iron Chef, is that it was just SSSSSOOOOOOO Japanese, from
Kaga and his antic clothing, through the little girls who tee-heed behind
their hands. Throughout it all, you always had the impression that the
chefs, both Iron and visiting, could cook, with very few exceptions, and
that they were judged with some varying amount of fairness. With Flay in the
lineup, you have a not-very-funny clown prince (self-proclaimed) of cooking,
and I really doubt that there is any more competition- the winners are set
ahead of time, and it's just an excuse to make money for all concerned.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.