[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 06:08:42 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/5/2005 7:35:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca writes:
Greetings
  A friend of mine a Lady Penelope, once tried to make spiced cider for a
revel. She bought 3 gallons of raw apple juice from a local farm. She placed
a cinnamon stick onto each jug. Put the jugs into her garage and promptly
forgot about them until spring. She looked with worry upon them and decided
what the heck lets try. Ran it through a filter to clean out the sludge.
Much to hers and our enjoyment she had an incredible good tasting hard cider
.
  So I have to agree sometimes you get real lucky. Some times it is best
just to leave it alone, and let mother nature have her way.
She's lucky she didn't have glass bombs in her garage if she just sealed
them. So she's doubly lucky I guess. I usually losen the lid to let out gas every
now and then, forgot to once and for that reason there is a patched place in
the ceiling of my old apartment that I'm hoping the management never found....
<G>

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke