[Sca-cooks] January 5th Holiday Exchange

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 11:31:46 PST 2005

--- kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

> Happy 12th Day of Christmas!  Now can someone
> come and get all these
> drummers, pipers, dancing lords and ladies,
> maids and their cows, swans,
> geese, colly birds, turtle doves and this
> stupid partidge and the tree thats
> loosing pear leaves all over my floors?  (I'll
> keep the rings, thanks ;)

Actually, if you listen to the song carefully,
today you should have:

12 Partridges in 12 Pear Trees
22 Turtle Doves
30 French Hens
36 Calling Birds
40 Gold Rings
42 Geese a-laying
42 Swans a-swimming
40 Maids a-milking
36 Ladies dancing
30 Lords a-leaping
22 Pipers piping
12 Drummers drumming

With each verse you get the new gift, plus
another set of all the other gifts you received
on the prior days.  I am not going to comment
about the implied slavery issues of the last
five days ... :-)

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.