[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 5 23:28:36 PST 2005

   Leah/Samira asked me:
> Stefan, that reminds me, I've got some cider that's been sitting in
> the fridge since Halloween, I wonder if I should see if it's been
> doing anything? Could we get a list of the spices that you put in it?
I'm sorry, but I don't remember exactly, which is why I didn't mention
them in my original message. I believe whole cloves and sticks of
cassia and maybe some dried orange peel. Maybe some powdered nutmeg. It
was all strictly what I could come up with on the spur of the moment
when I couldn't find the mulling mix I was originally going to use. I
think I remember grinding up one or more items in my mortar and pestle
and putting everything in a cloth bag because I wanted them to disperse
their flavor in the cider and I had limited time. Maybe something else,
but I can't remember what is traditional right now.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com