[Sca-cooks] Stefan finally succeeds in making cider

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Jan 6 22:13:53 PST 2005

I'm not afraid of bacteria or yeasts or other beasties (responding to
the person Chris quoted), I just don't
much care for most brewing byproducts.  Cordials and liqueurs I will
occasionally drink, and I can use them for largesse, gifts, etc.  Beers,
wines and meads are consumed in my house so infrequently that making
them from scratch would be a waste, and I really don't drink at events,
either (usually too busy).
I also have a teensy, teensy apartment, and there is *no room* for
carboys and fermentation buckets, let alone storage of all the
equipment, bottles filled and empty, etc.  I'd rather use what space
I've got for bookshelves and fiber storage (being a
fiber/textile/needlework geek from the DNA out ;o).  Oh, and the Cat
Collective* says we need room for cat toys and at least one scratching post.
All in all, it's just not worth my time, and if I want the occasional
(good) beer or wine, I buy from a local vintner or microbrewery.
--maire
*The Cat Collective comprise Sofi, Aurora, Curye, and Mac, who, in theit
Borg-like fashion, think that if they shed enough hairs, I'll eventually
give in to the assimilation process....