[Sca-cooks] OOPS! 12th Night Feast

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:43:13 PST 2005

I said in my reply to Bear that I would mention the food being delivered.
One thing I truly hate is going shopping for feasts. I know a lot of people
love to go shopping around and getting the best prices and getting all
the stuff.

Not me.

One of the conditions when I agreed to this feast was that I was not
going to do grunt work. I'm too damned old and decript to work at that
sort of thing.

Imagine my surprise when I met a person in the Barony who just happens
to work for Sysco. I wrote up the shopping list and a big truck came to
the kitchen on Friday and unloaded everything. Wow.

Now, there are certain disadvantages to this method, re: the "greens"
problem and I'm sure I could have saved money by shopping around. But
for pure stress-reduction, you can't beat it.

Yeah, a commercial kitchen (that had some problems), a full kitchen staff,
and everything delivered...sigh..

And, I'm never doing another feast again.

Yers,

Gunthar