[Sca-cooks] Electric knives

Solveig nostrand at acm.org
Tue Jan 11 10:35:39 PST 2005

Noble Cousin!

Greetings from Solveig! I think that your major problem is that you were
using an electric knife. I think that you would have experienced less pain
and got the job done faster if you had used a nice sharp conventional knife.
If you really want to use an electric gadget to slice meat, then you should
find an electric meat slicer such as found at deli's and food service
operations. Electric knives were not really designed for the prolonged use
to which you attempted to put them.

I read a few of the responses to the original question after writing the
above. First, I am a big fan of using knives. However, if a knife won't
do and you don't like the rotating blade against the meat, why not adapt
a fine tooth band saw to the purpose?
--

					Your Humble Servant
					Solveig Throndardottir

| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS, Fleur |
| deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est            |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu            |