[Sca-cooks] Electric knives

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Tue Jan 11 10:20:44 PST 2005

>and the side of that blade that rubs against your meat as you draw it
>across as it cuts.  so you are cutting the meat and rubbing it with the side
>of the blade as it cute.  even the sharpest slicer does that.  I can't get
>past the point that someone is going to rub flat steel against the roast
>I spent all that time getting as close to perfect as I can.  Might as well
>have just boiled it then.

Excuse me, but how do you avoid the flat of a hand blade from touching the face of the meat as you slice, either?

And why, prey tell, would rubbing a flat piece of steel across the face of a roast ruin it so?

I have sliced many roasts, using a variety of knives, and except for the orientation of the cut marks, and the evenness of the slice, the result of cutting with a knife is not much different in my experience from a _good_ and _properly_ sharpened slicer's work.

Try to find a good used commercial version, with the built in sharpening stones, and (as always) watch your fingers!

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas