[Sca-cooks] Steppes 12th Night is completed

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:17:31 PST 2005

>it looks like you had a 'sweet dish' in each course.  and it sounds like it
>was very well received.

It is better to visualize each course as a complete dinner. That's
pretty much how I design my feasts. From my studies mainly
in English manor dining, this is very common practice.

>i like the menu.   it's what i call medieval that people don't poke at.
>identifiable with nuance in the spices and sauces.

Good name. And it definately is planned wit the masses in mind.
There were other dishes that I would have loved to prepare but
I figured the common diner wouldn't appreciate it too much. Right
now I'm trying to educate folk as gently as possible.

>may i ask what kind of budget you had?  and how many you fed?  (sorry... if
>you stated it before, i must have missed it)

I got $8 a head and cooked for 300. We wound up feeding around
270 from what I was told.

>cailte

Gunthar