[Sca-cooks]Feasts Per Year

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:38:54 PST 2005

> > How about a sound-off by kingdom as to how many feasts per year (kingdom,
> baronial, shire, whatever), how many served & price per plate?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Samrah

I am in AEthelmearc and I do one feast per year and for Baronial
events pretty much exclusively.  I limit myself due to the demands of
being a parent to a toddler, and because I prefer to have six months
to research whatever food i'm making.  It takes me so long because i'm
scheduling things around work and the toddler.  If I didn't have a
child, i'd to two per year as to not interfere too much with the two
events i'd autocrat a year :-)

I prefer to limit feast to about 100-120 people, but that's a
preference, not a requirement.  I worry about food quality when you're
dealing with mass quantities (this is just my feeling on the subject,
not some grand Truth on feast numbers and food quality).

I like at least $7/person for feast, but will go down to $6 to keep
overall event costs down if needed.  Lunches, I prefer at least
$2/person and am not nearly as flexible on that.

Odriana
Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
The Sylvan Kingdom of AEthelmearc

--
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."