[Sca-cooks] Electric knives

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Jan 12 06:48:55 PST 2005

I share Master A's suspiscions about electric slicers too.
Having seen someone who sliced part of a finger off using one
doesn't fill me with all that much confidence in them. Something
about being able to slice everything including fingers rapidly
makes me slightly nevous. Do I want to turn the novice kitchen help loose
on one? Should I inquire if they have good medical before I do?
By the way, Cooks Illustrated in the latest issue is recommending the
Black &Decker EK800 Slice Right electric knife which replaces
Alton Brown's favorite Ergo model.

Johnnae