[Sca-cooks] OOP: Chinese Cook Book

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Jan 14 20:09:40 PST 2005

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> So, i've got six Chinese cookbooks. Bought 'em back in
> the late 60s and throughout the 70s. All are by Chinese
> authors. Among them are "encyclopedia", Dim Sum,
> vegetarian, regional survey, Szechuan. Time to update
> the library.

[snip]

> Any recommendations?

Yes ...

Recently, there were 2 messages, both with the subject,
"Re: [Sca-cooks] Lemon Chicken [Was: pilgrims and travel foods]";
sent: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:16 and: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:51.

In those messages, I quoted one recipe from my Chinese Cooking
instructor's published cookbook, "Chinese Regional Cooking" .

Do you want to see that recipe again?

I recommend buying her cookbook.

Here is the citation I provided ...

>> Liang, Lucille; "Chinese Regional Cooking"
>> (Authentic Recipes from the Liang School);
>> pub. Sterling; 1979;
>> LC 79-65067; Sterling ISBN: 0-8069-0148-9 Trade,
>> Oak Tree 7061-2662-9, 0149-7 Library

>> Google's ravens found 317 hits by author and title

>> http://www.abebooks.com/ had 17 copies at $7 to $25
>> (some signed by the author, as my hard cover copy is).

>> http://www.alibris.com had 8 copies also for $7 to $25

>> Most copies were in the US, some in UK; add S+H in all cases.

And concluded with ...

>> I still order restaurant lemon chicken
>> ... ever hoping ... always disappointed.

Although I didn't recheck the number of available copies before
sending this message, I expect that about the same number will
be available.  You could also check amazon.com or other
booksellers.

BTW, I also searched my SCA-Cooks eMail folder for messages
containing both 'Chinese' and 'cookbook' in the message body
-- my local search found 49 messages that met the search
criteria out of the 34,736 messages from SCA-Cooks that have
been sent between 5/21/1997 and 1/14/2005 [Note: what I have
may not be a complete archive].

> Anahita
> in San Francisco Bay Area

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick