[Sca-cooks] Iron Chef America

Jonathan and Rebecca Barber barber at runbox.com
Mon Jan 17 09:32:01 PST 2005

> To tell the truth, I'm impressed. They are taking the basic
> elements of the Japanese version and making it their own.
> Totally unlike the earlier incarnation that was an insult to
> both the original version and America in general.

I didn't like the fact that they picked which iron chef would perform, not the challenger.  I felt like they were stacking the deck.

> The final tally had both Booby and Rick in a dead heat with Booby winning
> by one point in creativity. And I had to agree.  I feel so....violated.....

See, I feel it should have at best been a tie.  I felt that Booby should have lost at least a point for the taste because of the toughness comments.  There is no way they should have gotten the same taste score given that the first 2 of his dishes tanked.  I really thought that Rick should have won, but I would have been happy with a tie because, you are right, Booby did stretch a little.....

> Of course, let's give Booby something like eggplant and watch him crumble
> into a sobbing heap like Malfoy getting punched by a girl.

Yah - Booby vs Rachel Ray in the Eggplant Battle!  I want to see it.  Think they take suggestions?

Ru (see, not dead, just been in grad school.....)