[sca-cooks] OOP: Chinese Cook Book (lilinah at earthlink.net)

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jan 18 18:20:44 PST 2005

Most of mine are packed but Nina Simonds, Eileen Yin-Fei Lo,
Fuschia Dunlop, and Grace Young come to mind.
perhaps E. N. Anderson's The Food of China;
plus A Soup for the Qan.
Newman's Food Culture in China (Food Culture around the World)
is expensive. I've not seen it, so I would recommend loaning it in first.
She did do a bibliography that I own on Chinese cookery. She's also
the author of Chinese Cuisine & American Palate: The Arts & Science of
Chinese Cooking.
China to Chinatown : Chinese Food in the West (Globalities) by Roberts is
out in paperback and it's interesting for its discussion of Chinese food
outside of China. Chop suey, etc.
Swallowing Clouds: A Playful Journey Through Chinese Culture, Language,
and Cuisine
by Zee is also in paperback. I'd go to Chinatown and browse around too.
I came across some paperback cookbooks there that were imports that I have
never seen listed anyplace on my last trip.

Johnnae