[Sca-cooks] Virginia Dairy legislation

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 12:35:25 PST 2005

--- Sharon Gordon <gordonse at one.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know more about this legislation?  What effect could/would it
> have on SCA feasts in the state of Virginia?
>
> Sharon
> gordonse at one.net
> ****************

Being a resident of The People's Republic of California, I'm not sure if my 'voice' would carry
any weight in this matter, but I will certainly be shooting off some letters in opposition to the
new regs, just in case.  I think this is absolutely rediculous.  I am not one of those 'Wal_Mart
Abolitionists' who fears the world is facing a Retail Armageddon, but when it comes to food and
beverages, I fully support the 'little guy' over the Industrial Abomination.  Anyone who has ever
dealt with food on a regular basis knows full well that some of the very best, finest crafted
foods often come from small, independent producers.  Cheese is one of those foods.  Any regulation
which places the continuation of these producers in jeopardy is a dangerous one.  However, often
times the legislators who make these regulations have 'good intentions', but overlook the
countless small businesses which operate 'under the radar'.

I'll do what I can to help.

William de Grandfort

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.