[Sca-cooks] Virginia Dairy legislation

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 19:48:54 PST 2005

--- CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> If the object were to protect the health of Virginians, then there would be
> health regulations, since there isn't any particular danger to small producers
> that isn't shared by large producers.... Moreso IMO with large producers,
> since they have more to watch, look at where the mad cow breakouts happened.

I may be wrong about this, but I believe this legislation is aimed at bringing small dairies and
milk producers into a category which *can* be regulated via health regulations.  That, at least,
is where I see this going.

I still don't support it, but I think I know where this is headed.  It's an effort to bring the
many small producers into a position where they can be monitored and inspected, as they likely
have not been in the past.

William de Grandfort

>  And don't get me started on whiskey production, Mordonna can tell you about
> my family's old business <G>.
>
> While things like this make my blood boil, I really don't think a citizen of
> South Carolina will have much pull with a legislator in Virginia unfortunately.
>
> Corwyn
>
> There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
> And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
> consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.