[Sca-cooks] Peppers

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 19:53:22 PST 2005

--- Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> That's a copied title from the STC entry where titles are often
> given as v for the u. It's quite common to see this when working
> with early printed works.

Right.  What I mean is, why is it necessary to try to replicate that in this medium?  It's a 'u',
we know it's a 'u', so why not print the 'u'??

> It says "taile pepper" as copied.

Right.  What I mean is, could this reference refer to the Cubeb, also commonly known as Tail
Pepper?

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.