[Sca-cooks] Peppers

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Jan 20 04:20:17 PST 2005

I cut and pasted that title which is exactly the way it is
given in the source. If you are looking for the work  online in EEBO
[or in the ESTC online or in the revised edition of the STC]
that's the title. It's the same procedure as in that one must often spell
jewel as iewell in order to find it in the academic online indexes when
looking
for editions of Dawson. Or vv substitutes for w in many titles. Online
sources treat these differently. This title in that source uses the v
for the u.
As to the "taile pepper" being a cubeb or not, the work is available
and can be read online through EEBO or on microfilm or you can even
interlibrary loan and read the facsimile edition of it in hardback.
Then you can determine the likelihood yourself if it is a cubeb or not.
I think not, but you are welcome to pour through the actual source yourself.

Johnnae