[Sca-cooks] Re:Martino was Sultan's Book of Delights-- late 15th century

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Jan 21 05:25:10 PST 2005

The new Martino has arrived here at my house too.
The manuscript work seems well thought out and the
translation reads well. It's all footnoted and referenced.
I am slightly less amused by the section "Maestro Martino Today.
Fifty Modernized Recipes" where one finds the recipe for
"Roman Broccoli" which calls for cherry tomatoes and spicy
red peppers. See page 160.

Johnnae