[Sca-cooks] Period German Mustard Recipes (long)

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 21 13:10:25 PST 2005

>I am planning a German feast for Atlantia's KASF on March 5 (eep!),
>and was looking at sauces for the meats.
>
>I think what I want to do is make a mustard for each course.
>
>This is my first feast "all by myself" so, in some ways I'm afraid I'm
>over reaching, but it should all come out right, I've got a lot of
>backup :)

Sounds good!  I can't be there, so my suggestions should, of course, be
taken with a grain of salt (or verjuice, or ... :-).  But it seems to me it
might be nice to have at least one sauce that *isn't* mustard if you can
find one; there'd be a greater variety of tastes that way.  And believe it
or not, there are some people who don't particularly like mustard.  True,
they can eat their meat without sauce, but it would be nice if they could
have at least one course with a sauce.

Sandra