[Sca-cooks] Re: Sausage recipes

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 18:15:21 PST 2005

In addition to the cookbooks Adamantius mentioned there is the Italian corpus:

Martino - at least one (in many of the various disguises of martino)
Anonymous venetian - one with variations
Anonymous tuscan - one with variations
Other 14th century Italian books - at least one each ( I have at least three other books)
Scappi - at least four for meat, plus at least that many for fish
Romoli Domenico, one for meat, plus one for poultry, plus a couple for fish.

Yup, period Sausage recipes are so hard to find.  Hmm, maybe its time for another little research project.  Go though all my Italian sources pull out all the recipes and put them on one page.  It'll be at least a month.  I'm backed up as it is.

Helewyse
Whoever said that original statement must be looking at a single source, because I didn't have to try hard at all to find some.