[Sca-cooks] PPC #77

Marian Walke marian at buttery.org
Sat Jan 22 13:15:42 PST 2005

Micheal wrote:
> I have to ask what are these PPC books, pamphlets , magazines. That I
> see continuously being referred to that is. I am in a little backwater
> up here so I don`t know of them, nor how to get my hands on them.
> Da

PPC is the usual abbreviation for Petits Propos Culinaires, a
thrice-yearly journal of culinary studies.  "Essays and notes to
do with food, cookery and cookery books," according to the
Library of Congress.  It is published by Prospect Books (Totnes,
Devon UK).  Subscriptions are $34.00/year; checks should be made
payable to PPC North America and send to PPCNA, Allaleigh House,
Blackawton, Totnes, Devon TQ9 7DL, UK.  Although issue #77 was
particularly rich in period articles, every issue seems to have
at least one article of interest concerning our time frame, and
frequently several.

--Old Marian