[Sca-cooks] Gluten Free Pizelles?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 23 21:12:39 PST 2005

On 1/23/05 2:29 PM, "Elise Fleming" <alysk at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Greetings!  A friend was asking about a gluten-free recipe for pizelle
> wafers.  Anyone have a recipe I can send her?  Thanks!
>
> Alys Katharine

Here is the one that I use.  It can be sweet or savory as desired.

SOY PIZZELLE

Based loosely on ATKINS BASIC PANCAKES

[from: DR ADKINS' NEW DIET REVOLUTION]

1/2 cup soy powder

3 eggs

1/2 cup cream

1/4 teaspoon salt

cooking oil [Note: spray pan after each pancake]

Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender plus your choice of

flavorants:

1 package taco seasoning mix

1 teaspoon garlic salt, etc. whatever floats your boat

2 packets Splenda + 1 teaspoon vanilla + a dusting of cinnamon, poudre

douce or other sweet spices

3 heaping teaspoons Sugar-Free Nesquik

Bake by the Tablespoon on pizzelle iron, according to your model's

instructions.

A pizzelle is one of those yummy Italian waffle cookies, usually

flavored vanilla, lemon or anise.

Pizzelle irons are available at Italian groceries and Amazon

carries them along with their other foodie toys.

Contributed by Selene Colfox (mka Susan Fox-Davis )

selene at earthlink.net