[Sca-cooks] Help please...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Jan 26 06:16:10 PST 2005

Also sprach Craig Jones:
>Ps. Drakey Accident Warning - If grinding your own mung beans into
>flour... Don't do it in a blender (use a flour mill), and more
>importantly don't open the port and stick your eye to the port to see
>how they are going... Don't ask me how I know this ;)

Use the eye you saved to find your way to the nearest Indian grocery,
where that eye will see bags of gram dal flour, which is apparently
made from hulled, split mung beans.

We used to cheat at one place I worked and use gram dal to make
socca, which is supposed to be made from chick peas.

On the other hand, Drakey, why is this dish not simply made best/most
accurately from yellow bean paste?

Adamantius

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782