[Sca-cooks] Help please...

Craig Jones drakey at webone.com.au
Wed Jan 26 05:55:06 PST 2005

Um... Question... Why do this with Soy Flour?

I've found and done this recipe with bean flour (mung bean) found in
Chinese grocery stores... Why go for the soy option? The pancakes has a
faint 'straw' taste and aroma that I suspect would be missing in the soy
version.

Also.  Is there any thoughts on the correct shape for Gullach?  I've
done it as little rounds like pikelets...  And they disappear fast...

Drake.

Ps. Drakey Accident Warning - If grinding your own mung beans into
flour... Don't do it in a blender (use a flour mill), and more
importantly don't open the port and stick your eye to the port to see
how they are going... Don't ask me how I know this ;)

Pps.  The King has instructed me to make Mung Bean Wine for Rowany
Festival, which I'm brewing tomorrow.  Did ya'll want a report on how it
does...

Ppps. Has anyone tried to make Tsampa, the Tibetan breakfast paste
mentioned in the footnotes of ASFTQ?  Anyone able to make it taste
good???