[Sca-cooks] Yet another German Feast

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 23:24:52 PST 2005

--- Jonathan and Rebecca Barber <barber at runbox.com> wrote:

> Menu and recipes for comments at http://pages.ivillage.com/misanthropic777/id10.html
>
> > Ru commented:
> > > Sauerbraten
> > Oh. Recipe? Is there proof this is period?

Quick question.  Why did you opt to roast the joint of beef, and add the marinade as a sauce after
roasting?  Traditional Sauerbraten finds the meat braised in the marinade, and your period recipe
seems to indicate that it should be boiled in the broth.  Both versions are moist-heat cooking
methods, so I was just curious as to why you chose to prepare it using dry-heat (roasting).  Was
this a presentation choice?

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.