[Sca-cooks] Chilli Mac?

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:35:39 PST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:33:37 -0500, JAMES REVELLS <sudnserv5 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hej!
>     I have run into Chilli Mac a lot of places.  There was a place in
> downtown St louis that served it with hot dogs & fried eggs.  There used to
> be a place in Viena, VA called the Viena Inn that served Chilli Mac along
> with other chilli based dishes-chilli, chilli dogs, chilli mac ect & lots of
> beer.  The lady in the local lunch counter here in Taunton, MA servers it as
> well, down home in GA & TN we serve it with macaroni & call it Golash (this
> tends to be a bit spicyer than Chilli Mac).
> Pax,
> Olaf
> who is getting ready for Birka this weekend.

In North Central PA, they refer to any tomato with macaroni type thing
as goulash, not the hungarian stuff either.  Usually with onions, peppers
(ahem mangos) and ground beer or crumbled sausage.

It's a recession perversion of the real thing., I think.  I find versions of it
from all areas of the country.

All this in the land of Chef Boy-ar-dee.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson