[Sca-cooks] OT: Good restaurant recommendations in Danvers, MA

Daniel Myers edouard at medievalcookery.com
Thu Jan 27 13:17:33 PST 2005

On Jan 27, 2005, at 2:36 PM, ysabeau wrote:

> I am going to be in the Boston area the week after next on
> business. I'm traveling alone and was wondering if anyone has any
> good recommendations for restaurants in the area. Preferably on
> the cheaper end but I might splurge. I've been told seafood and
> Italian food up there is really good so I'd like to see what is
> available. I prefer the mom-and-pop type of places over the fancy
> restaurants (especially because they are usually friendlier
> towards single diners). The office I'm visiting is in Beverly and
> the hotel is in Danvers.

I worked in Danvers about 6 years ago.  If it's still there, there was
a Chinese restaurant called Mandarin Danvers in a strip mall not too
far from the Sylvania plant.  The food there was very good and
reasonably priced.  The "southern-style fried rice" was very good.
There was also a Thai (Bangkok Paradise? If this is the place that's in
"downtown" Salem, then it's the one I remember) restaurant a short
drive away in Salem that was pretty good.

Mandarin Danvers
139 Endicott St
Danvers MA
(978) 774-1089

Bangkok Paradise
90 Washington St
Salem MA
(978) 825-9202

Farther away, in the food court of the Burlington mall is an excellent
Indian restaurant.  They make all sorts of specialty bread dishes - the
"Peshwari Naan" (flatbread stuffed with a sweet pistachio paste) was my
favorite.

- Doc