[Sca-cooks] OT Cornbread

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 14:55:49 PST 2005

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> With sugar, or without? I have southern-midwestern friends who shudder
> at the thought of adding sugar, calling it "cake" when I do, but then
> what do they know?

Both.  It depends on what I'm serving with it.  If I am serving a southern-style cornbread, I will
not add any sugar.  If I am making a southwestern-style cornbread, I like to make it a little on
the sweeter side.

When my Australian brother-in-law had my sweet cornbread for the first time, he remarked that he
found it rather odd that Americans ate cake with their supper, instead of after.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.