[Sca-cooks] OT: on a tangential note -- "Chili Sauce"

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 18:06:03 PST 2005

--- Bill Fisher <liamfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Like I said, it is mostly used on hot dogs, which makes me  think it is an
> "instant chili dog" kinda of thing.

But...but...but it doesn't taste anything like chili!  How can it be an 'instant chili dog', if it
doesn't taste like chili?  That would be like using Malt-O-Meal for an 'instant grilled cheese
sandwich'.  It just doesn't wash.

Now I'm determined to find out why, exactly, the Heinz Corporation felt compelled to call this
stuff Chili Sauce.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.