[Sca-cooks] Vegetarian dishes, chili

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 08:04:51 PST 2005

>Hmm- the legend told around here about _that_ vegetarian chili is that it
>also had chicken in it; when queried about this substance the cook is
>reported to have said "of course it's vegetarian, there's no beef in it!"
>Pyr- umm Caelin, yeah Caelin.
>(Wasn't there myself /only hearsay /that's the way it was told to me!!)

Nope. It was totally vegan, unless they wanted cheese on top.
I don't advertise something as vegetarian if it has any kind of meat
product.
Like I've never understood "vegetable soup" being made with beef or
chicken stock.
There is also the story of a feast in the olden days of Trimaris where the
cook assured some vegetarians they had vegetables to eat, only to be
served beef stew. The reply was they could just eat around the meat.

I think the start of the chicken legend is I once relayed an invite to a
barbecue on the Royal Peers list that said:

There will be ribs, hamburgers, steak, chops. And for the vegetarians:
Chicken!

Gunthar