[Sca-cooks] Chili dishes...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Jan 28 11:41:16 PST 2005

At 11:27 AM 1/28/2005, you wrote:
>Also sprach Aurelia Rufinia:
>>Recipie for Minnesota Chili:
>>
>>One lb ground beef.  Maybe half an onion if you're
>>feeling daring.  Two cans campbell's tomato soup (if
>>they're on sale, otherwise the grocery store generic
>>is just as good), a can of kidney beans, two stal;ks
>>of celery.

<snip>

>Thank you for this, lady! I feel much better now...
>
>Adamantius

If it helps, Master A, that is very like my mom's recipe for chili, only
she uses tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes instead of the soup. It was
served over crumbled saltines. Of course, my mother had the most white
bread of white bread upbringings in So Cal. Garlic salt was an exotic spice.

I suspect she has changed some though- my stepfather is Japanese, and he
does all the cooking. She must like it, because my sister says Mom had
gained a lot of weight...

'Lainie