[Sca-cooks] Re: OT Pie floaters

henna hennar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:43:14 PST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:22:49 -0800, Susan Fox-Davis
<selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> >> Actually, some of my favorite Discworld food moments are when
> >> Rincewind invented Vegemite
> >

> > Mine as well. In fact, The Last Continent was my first foray into
> > Discworl. I'm working my way through the books slowly (there's a lot
> > of them, and there's so much other stuff to read too..and I just spent
> > twenty bucks on a cross stitch book because it had charts created from
> > teh Book of Kells, and I wanted ONE of them)
> >
> > and Nanny Ogg published a cookbook with Banananana Surprise (I think
> > the surprise was that it had no bananas whatsoever).
> >
> > Have not read that one yet..grins..
> >
> > Laurensa
>
> Woohoo, we are back on topic, sort of.  I am an insane Discworld fanatic
> and wish I had written this book. You want this book. Remember to put on
> your UK cooking hat to make sense out of some of the word choices.
>
> Read the Witch sub-series, WYRD SISTERS, WITCHES ABROAD and MASKERADE,
> the last of which actually touches upon Nanny Ogg's adventures in
> cookbook publishing, amongst the other subplots of this PHANTOM OF THE
> OPERA sendup.

mm, since my SO is a huge discworld fan, maybe I should read those and
try to turn them into some kind of menu for valentines day.

ponder think

Finne

> Selene of the oggish tendancies

mm, I don't want to know what that might mean, given the little I know
of Nany Ogg.

--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"