[Sca-cooks] Chili dishes...

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Jan 28 11:47:30 PST 2005

One reason for a number of the chili, meat loaf, and
all the other ground beef recipes in the midwest might lie
in the fact that farm families tended to raise and butcher
or have butchered their own beef. That leads to what seems
at times to be tons of 2 and one pound hamburger packages.
I know that our deep freeze was just full after we butchered.
What does one do with all that ground beef? One makes
chili, spaghetti, meat loaf, etc...
Which reminds me--- what did happen to the ground beef
cookbook that my mother had? I shall to locate that.

Johnnae