[Sca-cooks] OT Cornbread

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 11:56:07 PST 2005

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> Sweety, we've been weird since before white man set foot in your part of
> the world! The only people I know who are potentially weirder are the
> Canadians, and they're North Americans, too!
> And besides, *you-all* are the ones who put gawdawful things like fried
> eggs and beets on your hamburgers!

Delicious, actually!!  Having an Australian bother-in-law (sic) has opened up a few culinary
avenues I hadn't meandered down before.  And, it has also helped to dispell a few of the common
misconceptions I had about Australians, Australian food, and Australian culture in general.  For
instance, my bother-in-law has never wrestled an aligator, nor gone on a walkabout, nor said the
word 'Crikey' ( unless he's doing his Crocodile Hunter impersonation, which will leave even the
dryist of wits in stitches).  Who knew?

 > --maire, who knows a guy who crumbles up his cornbread and puts it in a
> bowl and puts milk on top of it....<<shudder>>

MMMmmmmmm....cornbread and buttermilk......mmmmmmm

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.