[Sca-cooks] period doughnuts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 22:58:13 PST 2005

Someone asked:
 > has anyone come across any references to dougnuts in period?
 > leavened or unleavened ok.
I skipped ahead from last Thursday to Sunday, since I was getting
further and further behind, so I missed the original poster's message.
My apologies if someone else has mentioned this.

Perhaps this Florilegium file might be of interest:
fried-breads-msg  (28K) 12/29/02    Period fried breads. Funnel cakes,
donuts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/fried-breads-msg.html

Stefan
--------