[Sca-cooks] OT Cornbread

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 21:49:39 PST 2005

--- Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >cool buttermilk... the best
>
> Ick. Freak....
>
> Actually, my Okie mother loved buttermilk.
> I think I'd rather sample some of the stuff on Fear Factor
> than have cornbread and buttermilk.

Are you not a buttermilk fan, Gunthar, or do you simply find the thought of buttermilk mixed with
cornbread revolting?  It is actually very good.  The buttermilk adds a very rich flavor to the
cornbread, and the pleasant tang complements the natural sweetness of the cornmeal.  If you don't
like buttermilk, though, then I can't help you. :)

William de Grandfort

> >or fry slices in butter the next day after you make the cornbred ...kinda
> >like fried bread....
>
> I like doing that. Fried, with a bit of syrup.
>
> >cailte
> >growing up on the mason dixon line
>
> Grown by an Okie cotton-patcher.
>
> Gunthar

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.