[Sca-cooks] Chili - no beans

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 21:57:16 PST 2005

Ysabeau mentioned:
> One of my chili recipes uses beans because it is the second
> incarnation of borracho beans. I can't seem to make borracho beans
> without making enough for an army...so after a day or so, I turn
> it into a damn good chili by adding tomato paste or sauce or
> whatever is on hand, beef, chili powder and assorted spices.
Interesting use of the leftovers, although I think I'd just freeze them
for later eating as borracho beans. Or do such beans not freeze well?

What is your recipe for borracho beans? I've come to like them much
better than the usual refried beans sold in most restaurants, although
I've often found the refried beans made with black beans to be good.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com